Thursday, June 23, 2011

Changes!

I have really wanted to update the blog in the past week, but I have been super busy and without internet. This past weekend, I moved up to Virginia to be with my husband. We have an adorable little rental house. This neighborhood is too cute- some kids just knocked on the door asking if they could mow our lawn for $15, which was basically a Godsend because we have been too busy to buy a lawnmower and the grass was getting way too tall. So they are mowing the lawn right now.

My cats hid under the bed for about two days straight right after we moved in. Then *GROSS ALERT* one of them got the runs from all the stress and spread it all over the house. Thanks, O'Malley... I appreciate that. It was disgusting. But now that's over with and things are normalizing. DH and I have been relaxing and hanging out while he's at work, and I've been playing wife. Literally. Doing laundry and cooking. Can't wait for the job-hunting to begin after the honeymoon...

Needless to say, there hasn't been much time for knitting. I finished off this slouchy hat before I moved- made from a little more than one skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. It's a good sturdy super bulky yarn. And, once again, affordable. I'd buy it again.

picplz_upload
It was a simple and quick pattern. I may write it up later today while watching Mad Men (just started season one, and I'm loving it). I also started on a pair of handwarmers with this Berroco Comfort yarn that just never ends.

Alright, I'm off. So glad to have internet now, and I hope I can get some more knitting in now that things are settled!





No comments:

Post a Comment