Saturday, July 2, 2011

Product Display and Photography

I always have trouble figuring out the best way to display my knits to photograph them. Ideally, I would have a digital SLR, tripod, one or two photo lights, and mannequins to make a make-shift photography studio. However, I have none of these things. So, after perusing diyphotography.net, I decided to try my hand at a little photography studio in my office, using the stuff I already have. These included: a full-length mirror, a desk lamp, a tall lamp from target, my sort-of-junky Canon PowerShot camera, and... myself. (Boy, do I hate taking self-portraits. blah!!!!)
I was attempting to get some decent photos of a hat that I designed recently and finally finished writing up the pattern to today. Here is what I ended up with:
riptide1riptide2riptide3

Comments and suggestions would be helpful. I think I may try again tomorrow during the day for some natural light...

Anyway, I wrote up the pattern and I'm looking for some test knitters. I made two different versions, the one pictured here and a less slouchy version. Ideally I would like at least one person to make each version. If you are interested, comment! :)

...And now, it's past my bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment